The Lexington is the combination of all the right things in an AIWB kydex holster. It is designed to be durable but comfortable.
The Lexington Holster Belt Attachment Options
- DCC Monoblock: a versatile clip that can be installed at various ride heights for AIWB use and even canted for IWB use
- (2) PTD Soft Loops: a classic yet secure option and the most customizable solution for ride height, cant, and belt widths from 1.25″ to 1.75″ and even some 2″ wide belts
- (2) PTD Soft Loops w/ Struts: the same as above but tuckable and with even more precise ride height adjustments, compatible with both AIWB and IWB use
- (2) DCC Clips 1.5″ Slotted: spreads the belt load across a wider area for more stability in carrying and is the best choice 2-clip solution for AIWB use with good vertical ride height adjustment, tuckable
- (2) DCC Clips 1.5″ Canted: the best 2-clip solution for traditional IWB use (3:00-4:30 belt position), can be angled to your desired cant, tuckable
- (2) DCC Clips 1.75″ Slotted: same as the slotted option above but for 1.75″ belt widths
- (2) DCC Clips 1.75″ Canted: same as the canted option above but for 1.75″ belt widths
- None, Enigma Optimized: BYOH (Bring Your Own Hardware) or for use with the PHLster Enigma
Retention is adjustable.
The Lexington is optics ready. Regardless if you already have a red dot mounted or you plan to add one in the future the Lexington is designed to not conflict with your optic. The holster features a generous sight channel that accommodates nearly all suppressor-height sights.
The Lexington is ambidextrous by design, but we will install hardware according to the hand orientation (right-hand or left-hand) you select. If you select ambidextrous you will need to set up your own hardware (included).
Like all our holsters, you will receive threadlocker. Wear your holster for a few days and adjust ride height and cant, and when you have it dialed in how you like it, apply the included threadlocker to secure your hardware and prevent screws from backing out and being lost.
Our foam wedge, if you're planning to wear it at the appendix position, is available as an add-on. It comes with hook-and-loop tape with the “hook” side already installed on the wedge. The “loop” side is provided for you to installed exactly where you want it on the holster. If you are planning to use a 3rd party wedge product please note the RCS wedge does not bolt up to this holster.
The Lexington Holster is fully compatible with the Enigma.
The bottom of the holster is left at least partially open to ensure that anything falling into the holster will likely fall right out. If you have a threaded barrel please indicate so when ordering. Choosing the “threaded barrel” holster will guarantee the bottom of the holster is completely open-ended.
Planning on carrying it AIWB? Besides adding a wedge it is highly recommended for most people that you consider extending the holster with the “AIWB length” option. The extra length not only stabilizes the pistol vertically, but it also spreads out the pressure and makes it more comfortable without increasing waistband footprint. Remember, we can always cut the holster down, but it's impossible to add it back. 😉
The Lexington comes standard with a ModWing but optionally you can use the Darkwing or the RCS Claw instead. The belt claw, sometimes called a wing, will rotate/tuck the grip into the body. The ModWing is modular, coming with two claw heights to provide different levels of grip rotation.
Belt claw options:
- The ModWing is our standard recommended option. The tip of the claw is removable and has two options for height.
- The Dark Wing (by Dark Star Gear) is tapered, designed to work synergistically with the wedge, or possibly remove the need for the wedge if you're one of the few that don't need both. It's aggressive, creating lots of grip rotation, and is not modular.
- The RCS VG claw extends out to the side farther than the ModWing or the Dark Star Darkwing. This gives more grip rotation than the ModWing with less belt deformation. It's what I use for my full size carry pistol.
The Lexington holster is vacuum-formed on CNC molds for precision, crafted from .080″ thickness of Boltaron/Kydex which is 25% thicker than the common thickness used by many other holster companies. Boltaron and Kydex are very similar, but Boltaron gets a slight edge in terms of material strength, is more resistant to deformation from being left in high-temp environments while also being more resistant to cracking in freezing temperatures. Boltaron is also more chemical and solvent resistant than Kydex. However, Boltaron is only available in a few colors while Kydex has the most color options. Holstex is another Kydex-like material that you'll find our carbon fiber colors offered in.
60-day satisfaction guarantee! If you don't love it – for any reason – return it for a full refund.
Lead Time Varies but we keep lead time information updated here: KSG Lead Time
Some History On The Lexington Holster
For a long time, the Halcyon was the flagship holster and product here at KSG. A few years ago Kaery Dudenhofer of Kaery Concealed encouraged us to design a new holster that would accommodate smaller firearms that are have risen in popularity and that new design was named the Kaery. Both the Halycon and Kaery holsters became our top-selling products here at KSG. However, each seemed to only bring about 75% of the “package” to the table. In 2022, we made the decision to combine the best elements of the Halcyon and Kaery designs into a single design. Enter The Lexington.
The Lexington is named for the Battle of Lexington which took place on April 19th, 1775. British troops marched toward Concord to seize arms and gun powder from the American colonists but were met with resistance when local militia assembled in both Lexington and Concord. This initial skirmish became the first battle of what was the be the American Revolutionary war. It was a resounding message to the world that American people will not give up our arms and become subjects to tyrannical rule.